Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday at the New York Botanical Garden

 
 
This morning was chilly and raining -- more autumn than summer. Definitely no air conditioner and a sweater. I know my posts are going to quickly move to autumn thoughts and activities, but I wanted to share one summer adventure, before it's lost to memory. My visit to the Dale Chihuly exhibition of glass at the New York Botanical Garden stands out in my memories of summer, 2017.

 
One of my favorite parts of the installation in one of the beautiful greenhouses. The postcard effect is thanks to Snapseed.

 
This was the first outdoor installation by Chihuly in New York in ten years. I'd seen a fabulous display at the Fairchild Gardens in Miami several years ago and enjoyed this one as much. I love the colors and the way the glass is set in the gardens. 

This is another favorite. It reminded me of a fantastic mythical flower, perhaps something out of the Arabian Nights.
 
One of my favorite parts of the display was the pieces set in pools, mixed with beautiful water lilies. The exhibit runs through the end of October and I'm hoping to find an evening to return to see the installations at night. If I do, you can be sure there will be photographs to share.

I'm linking up with my friends at Pink Saturday. I was delighted that last week's Pink Saturday post was featured. Thanks so much, How Sweet the Sound! Can't thank you enough. My Pink Saturday friends are talented writers and photographers and this means a great deal to me.

Despite the chilly weather I got a great walk today -- five miles! -- in Lower Manhattan through lovely gardens and the magnificent harbor views. I also enjoyed hours of catching up with my college roommate who joined me. Both the walk and the conversation were a complete treat. I'm going to share our afternoon in a post later this week.

I hope you're all enjoying the weekend and have a great day tomorrow. To all in Texas and those who are dealing with wildfires in the west, you're all in my heart and prayers for safety.

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care!


 


5 comments

Chatty Crone said...

Wow I am so impressed - you had me with the first photo - I LOVE that aqua color. SO many neat things where you are. Happy Labor DAy!

TARYTERRE said...

love the pretty glass sculptures. beautiful, indeed.

Sybil said...

At last I have re-found your blog !...my I pad for some reason I havnt yet discovered dosnt seem to have a fav.place like my computer where it was on the right side of the screen where I could store all my favs. Then I just needed to click on your...or any other friend....and up popped the blog. Now unless I see you on Facebook saying you have an update I can't see what's been going on...
Sorry to write the above, but just wanted to explain why I have been missing....The glass display must have been awesome. I would have loved seeing it. I hope you do manage to go at night the glass lit up must look magical"...thank you for sharing xxx

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That looks like the perfect place to go on a chilly rainy day. It is quite fall like here too.

Little Wandering Wren said...

Here I am showing up in your Traffic feed from Thailand! I can see why your trip to the NY Botanical gardens was a highlight, I'm rather fascinated by glass how it goes from being liquid to hard with amazing results - it would be good to return at night too for a different view. Congrats on being a Pink Saturday feature - this always gives me a thrill too!
Wren x